Concho Valley Credit Union was organized in 1930 for the postal workers and was named Postal Credit Union.
In 1980, the name was changed to Concho Valley Government Employees Credit Union to reflect the true membership covered. Then, in the summer of 2005, our name was changed once again to Concho Valley Credit Union. The bylaws were amended to include in their membership Postal, Federal, County, State, and City employees in the surrounding twelve counties, which are: Sterling, Coke, Runnels, Reagan, Irion, Tom Green, Concho, Crockett, Schleicher, Menard, Sutton, and Kimble.
In 1985, the bylaws were changed to include the businesses, employees, and organizations within a one mile radius of the Credit Union Office. In 2004, the bylaws were once again changed to include all former employees of the Texas Employment Commission in Region 5 and 11, all future employees of the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) in Region 5 and 11, contractors, and their employees who work under contract for the Texas Workforce Commission in Regions 5 and 11.
In November 2006, the by-laws were amended to add all persons who live, work, or worship in Tom Green County.